Chocolate bark with leftover turrón

Chocolate bark with leftover Spanish holiday Turrón


Turrón is a Spanish holiday treat made with lots of almonds, sugar, eggs, honey and oh, so good.   Every house has a favorite one, there is soft yellow turrón of Jijona, made with egg yolks, and there is hard white turrón of Alicante made with egg whites. There is chocolate flavored turrón, coconut flavored turrón, and even sugar free turrón. But if you happen to have leftover turrón de Alicante, you already know how good it is. 


Know lets make chocolate leftover turrón bark. Super easy and I promise you will have no more left overs! 



There are many brands, this is a popular one.




Melted white chocolate

I really did not record the quantities because I use left overs, hence a guesstimate, I promise, it is very easy. 



Ingredients:

2 - 6 oz/170 grams baking white chocolate melted
1 - 8 oz/226 grams semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted or dark chocolate of your choice

1 Turrón de Alicante chopped in pieces

1/4 to 1/2 a cup of chopped dried fruits such as cranberries, dates, or raisins

Chopped pistachios or other nut of your choice

Silicone pad 





Melted dark chocolate (top) and chopped dried nuts,
fruit and turrón pieces


Procedure:

Place the silicone pad on a baking sheet

Sprinkle half the chopped ingredients on the silicone pad spread well


Melt the chocolates in microwave or stovetop in separate pots 

Slowly pour the white chocolate evenly to cover the chopped dry ingredients


Next, pour the dark chocolate making marble/zebra design over the white chocolate


Sprinkle with the rest of the chopped ingredients, let it cool in the fridge until hard


Break into large pieces and put them on a tin or eat them right away.


It is sooooo good.



Here I used cashews, but my favorite bark was the one time I used pistachios

The hard part is not eating it all by myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment