For your beach towels and picnic. Something I saw while window shopping in Jerez. Loved the idea and hope to try it myself soon. Maybe you already have and old mantoncillo that you don't use any more, or if you are feeling really crafty you can make the fringes yourself. Here in Andalusia, the mercerias sell all the materials you need to make them. The handbag is also all over the place, at the gypsy market and euro stores, but once summer is over the bags are gone too.
To enhance that great bathing suit or sundress. I made a similar hat a while back with some flamenca flowers. Super easy, you could attach the flowers to the ribbon or sew the flowers to the hat. And if you trust your instincts and aim, even use the hot glue gun to attach the flower bunch. In no time you will have a stylish hat, or two or three...
To attend a summer concert or flamenco show. Now this is a work in progress, I did not have time to complete it with everything going on right now, but I think you can get an idea of what it was I wanted to create. These are actually two sets of earrings. The white ones, I bought at the gypsy market, they were just plain ugly white. I decided to embellish them with temporary tattoos, yep that is right tattoos. I like the result, but are still too white for me, to give them an interesting twist, i will probably use an aging finish, like a yellowing varnish or crackling paint.
The second earring, I really like. It is elegant, shiny and big (I like big earrings). Also bought the earring at Euro store, bright and shiny gold teardrop shape and the other earring is actually from a boutique. The were on sale, I like to wait for the sales in this store they have really nice stuff (Kahyra). The beaded earrings are light, have antique gold beads and fabric lining which I will probably glue to the other ones. And that is it! Great Ideas, and fun projects for summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment