![]() |
| These were 4 pairs or earrings, 2 red and 2 blue. Now they are just 2 pairs of original earrings. |
Here are some simple and quick ideas for DIY earrings: the picture above has two blue/red earrings, merged into one. Super simple, and all you need are round nose pliers and extra jump rings You are done in less than ten minutes, and hopefully they look great with your outfit.
![]() |
| Raw cheap material for your creations, at the gypsy market or euro store. |
![]() |
| Trimmings to enhance your creations |
![]() |
| Don't throw away your old earrings, they can be recycled |
Ok this next project took more than 10 minutes, but I think it turned out really well. I guess you know what color is my dress, right?
Spent a couple of days looking at pictures in magazines and gathering the material. Once I felt I had everything, for the project, I began. So if you are good with a glue gun, needle and thread, then this should be easy.
First begin with simple hoop earrings and combs, I bought two different size combs, just in case. Then I played around with the trimmings until I came up with a combination I liked. I cut the trimmings to size, and put a little clear nail polish on the edge to avoid raveling.
Next, grab your needle and thread, and gather 2 pieces of lace trimming until they are the length of the bottom half of the hoop. Knot the thread and you are read to assemble.
Warm your glue gun.
Check to see if the hoop has a wrong side, just in case. Then glue the fringe across the right side of the hoop, let it cool. Now glue on top of the fringe, the lace trimming, following the bottom curve. Do the same for the top of the earrings.
Now it is time to link the rose beads, and assemble the earrings. You may need a new jump ring, if it is too small, or damaged when disassembling the earring. If everything went well, you are done!
![]() |
| Can't find what you are looking for? Make it! |
![]() |
| Final product |
![]() |
| Look at some of the fashion pics of feria hair. The models are wearing lots of these on their heads |
![]() |
| Ok, this is an old comb I had, and I just sewed lace to match my new earrings. |
![]() |
| A couple of quick stitches to attach the lace, from the back |
![]() |
| Look what I found at a store. I wish they had more colors. But this can be an inspiration too. |
![]() |
| Here are real accessories, from Pilar Vera's fashion show this year. A box full of little flowers for the head. |
That's all for now. Have fun creating... See you, and your creations at feria.












No comments:
Post a Comment