Oh my gosh! Sara Baras at the Feria of El Puerto de Santa Maria, and I just missed her dancing bulerias on the caseta’s (pavillion) dance floor. My luck, but at least I got a picture of her. She is so beautiful and I didn’t even recognize her, I thought she was just another girl. She hung around the caseta for a very long time and danced sevillanas with her husband and friends. Of course every time she hit the dance floor, everyone left the floor. It is very intimidating to dance next to this professional dancer. It was pretty funny actually. This was last year, I don't think I ran into someone famous this year.
 |
| Feria del Vino Fino con Sara Baras |
Another brush with fame a while back was in Jerez. On Sunday the last day of feria, I was so depressed about the feria being over, on my way out of the feria grounds, I saw Miguel Flores “El Capullo de Jerez” and Tomasito, both singers, sitting outside a caseta and I just had to ask them for a picture. Miguel was so nice, got out of his chair and politely posed for the picture asking his friend Tomasito to also pose with us. These are memories I will cherish for a very long time. Thank you Miguel.
 |
| Feria del Caballo con Tomasito y Miguel Flores |
Yet another time, not only did I sit with the famous singer Niña Pastori, but at least one hour went by before I realized it was really her. This was at her hometown's feria, San Fernando, I sat at her table, with her family. I was invited by a friend who forgot a small little detail... she did not tell me who we were spending the afternoon with! When I arrived at the feria, it was scorching hot, I could only think about drinking something really cold when I sat at the caseta. My friend and I found her friends and I just saw this gorgeous woman sitting at the table. She was very quiet, her mom was there too. I talked to Niña Pastori's mom for a long time, I even lent her my castanets, and it wasn't until a stranger asked Pastori to pose for a picture, that my suspicions were confirmed. She politely posed for photographs from fans, but for most part they left her alone to enjoy her feria.
 |
| In San Fernando Feria with Niña Pastori a few years ago. (R) |
 |
| 2013 Poster |
No comments:
Post a Comment